thinkPARALLAX is a brand consultancy in Encinitas that helps emerging and evolving companies articulate, communicate, and activate purpose to strengthen their business. We build brands consumers believe in, companies employees want to work for, and businesses people want as neighbors. We believe that in order to be truly sustainable, a business must create value for all stakeholders.
We are a highly experienced team of creative problem solvers focused on developing and implementing purpose-driven brands. We have an open and flexible studio environment where creativity, opinions, and passion are encouraged. thinkPARALLAX values life outside work deeply but expects 110% dedication and an excellent work ethic.
thinkPARALLAX is looking to hire an enthusiastic and highly creative graphic designer with experience in interactive and multi-page layout design. The candidate must demonstrate excellent conceptual and design ability and thrive under challenging deadlines. You must be capable of working as part of an interdisciplinary team but willing to show initiative and take ownership of your role. You need to be able to work independently.
- Very strong conceptual and design skills
- Have a passion for typography and layout
- Fluency in industry standard software suites in a Mac environment
- Experience with production: preparing files for print or programming
- Ability to see a project through from concept to completion if necessary, and adhere to strict deadlines
- Client service skills for occasional client contact
- Professional manner and excellent work ethic
- Motivation and eagerness to go the extra mile
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving, project management and presentation skills
- Experience in interactive design is very desirable
- Additional skills like illustration, photography or typeface design are wished
- 3-5 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic/multimedia/visual communication design
Freelance or contract to hire. Located in Encinitas, California
Benefits: health/dental insurance, 401K, weekly yoga, public transportation reimbursement, profit sharing plan, PARALLAXploration
If you think you’re the one, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (Tell us why you’re the one, be real. Show us why you fit with us, what your passions and beliefs are)
- Portfolio (PDF or online link)
- Salary Requirements