thinkPARALLAX is a full-service, purpose-driven creative agency located in Encinitas, California. We work at the intersection of business strategy, sustainability, and communication. Our values stem from the belief that profit and sustainability are not mutually exclusive – good business means doing the right thing.
We are a highly experienced team of creative problem solvers focused on developing and implementing purpose-driven brands. We have an open and flexible studio environment where creativity, opinions and passion are encouraged. thinkPARALLAX values life outside work deeply but expects 110% dedication and an excellent work ethic.
You have an integral understanding of marketing and communication fundamentals, technologies, and cultural trends. You are a strong communicator with a writing background and diverse interests. You’re a thinker, maker, and mentor. You have the ability to make decisions and collaborate with a team to deliver stunning work. You are adept at developing original creative concepts/approaches, and thrive in a continuously changing, fast-paced environment.
The Account Strategist plays a key role in driving client strategy throughout engagement. They develop an understanding of the client’s business environment and strategy. They gather, define, and clarify the insights that drive our creative solutions and help us make a difference in our client’s business. The Account Strategist works closely with our internal team to develop creative strategy, drive the collaborative efforts of the projects’ creative, and develop outstanding copy/content while embodying thinkPARALLAX culture and standards both internally and with our clients.
The average day for will vary greatly. One day might consist of developing a communication strategy and key messages for a client’s sustainability campaign, brainstorming creative ideas for a pitch, creating taglines for a campaign, and providing feedback to creatives on website concepts. Another day might be spent writing a video script, briefing the creative team on strategy for a newly acquired project, and meeting with clients to present communication strategy recommendations. The kind of person who will excel in this position is excited by the challenge of doing a variety of communication and strategy-related tasks, and can easily switch from one task to the next without getting overwhelmed.
The Account Strategist will develop the communication strategy and implement all content-driven initiatives across multiple platforms/formats to build client engagement and drive new and current business. Depending on the project, they may be the client’s main point of contact and serve as the day-to-day liaison between the client and our creative team.
Client Pitching, Communication and Kick-offs
- Participate in new business pitches and strategy recommendations
- Brainstorm initial ideas
- Create and present pitch decks (language, flow, content)
- Interview clients and their stakeholders
- On specific projects, serve as the day-to-day liaison for client communication
- Develop a solid rapport with clients and become their strategic partner
- Understand the overall business strategy of projects and consumer goals
- Participate in brainstorm sessions internally and client facing (campaign concepts, names for brands and campaigns, report themes, etc.)
- Create and present presentation decks (language, flow, content)
- Work with the Chief Creative Officer to ensure creative recommendations and strategy align with account objectives while maximizing effectiveness
- Conceptualizing complex data into infographics
- Develop concepts, scripts and storyboards for video projects
- Assist Chief Creative Officer in pitches and presentations, but also lead creative presentations and meetings
- Research (audiences, industries, competitors)
- Create brand research reports
- Communication audits
- Develop and present communication strategies and plans
- Write, edit, and produce content across different channels and formats – concept pitches, social media, reports, video script, ads, web copy, etc.
- Create key messages/messaging matrixes
- Develop editorial calendars
- Set social media strategy and create content calendars for clients, incorporating best practices across social media channels
- Copy for various projects in different styles, tones, lengths, purposes and channels
- Press releases, outreach, thinkPARALLAX communication
- Lead large-scale creative strategy for key clients
- Manage small team of creative communicators
- Manage staff and freelancers and provide feedback, sign-offs, and creative direction on day-to-day basis
- Work effectively and efficiently with project timelines; ensure on-time completion of deliverables
- Be an active part of the larger thinkPARALLAX team and proactively drive the agency’s exposure to creative ideas and recommendations
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Journalism, Marketing, Mass Communications/PR, Advertising, or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience as a creative writer, with at least 2 years in management role
- 3+ years experience in a creative environment
- Experience writing and concepting either on the client or agency side
- Knowledge and experience with communication, PR, media, and social media
- Understanding of social media specific best practices and language nuances
- Ability to write effectively within specific platform limitations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience presenting creative vision and recommendations to clients
- Commercial and editorial writing experience
- Proven ability to hit aggressive deadlines and adapt to quick direction changes
- Strong attention to organization, detail, and excellent follow-through skills
- Natural interest in projects and willingness to steer the client in strategy, content organization and copywriting
- Have a natural (or trained) interest in marketing
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Welcomes and implements feedback; strives to push themselves and create the very best work
- Thrives on back and forth creative feedback/brainstorm sessions
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow
- Graceful under pressure, conscientious, quick learner
- Instinctive problem solving and teamwork skills
- Agency, print, and web knowledge is a plus
- CSR/Sustainability/Social Good experience is a plus
- Previous work in an editor role is a plus
Full-time position in Encinitas, California.
Benefits: health/dental insurance, 401K, weekly yoga, public transportation reimbursement, profit sharing, PARALLAXploration
Salary range: $65k+
If you think you’re the one, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (Tell us why you’re the one, be real. Show us why you fit with us, what your passions and beliefs are)
- Anything else to you’d like to share to showcase your creative abilities – writing samples, communication plans, creative outputs.
- Salary Requirements