thinkPARALLAX is a purpose-driven branding consultancy located in Encinitas, California. We work at the intersection of business strategy, purpose, and communication. Our values stem from the belief that profit and sustainability are not mutually exclusive – good business means doing the right thing.
We are a highly experienced team of strategic and creative problem solvers focused on developing and implementing purpose-driven brands. We have an open studio environment where creativity, opinions, and passion are encouraged. thinkPARALLAX values life outside work deeply but expects 110% dedication and an excellent work ethic.
- You effortlessly build and maintain rapport with clients and co-workers, you enjoy connecting with people on a personal level but also know when it’s time to “get down to business”
- You are a careful listener, you view every client interaction as an opportunity to gain insight into the challenges and pressures they face, and the deeper opportunities that can be uncovered
- You aren’t afraid to speak your mind, or push back when it’s in the best interest of the client, but you don’t bulldoze your way through conversations or beat dead horses
- You’re a natural persuader capable of adjusting your approach based on the communication style of those around you
- You are confident and concise, capable of presenting ideas both written and verbally.
- You’re highly organized, take great notes, and can quickly bring other team members up to speed and into a conversation when the need or opportunity arises
- You take pride in your work and recognize that, as an ambassador of the thinkPARALLAX brand, you have a responsibility to deliver the highest quality work with honesty and integrity
- You are a highly energetic, creative and communicative individual who can lead our team towards successful projects that result in happy clients and inspired creative team
- You have a natural (or trained) interest in communications, an entrepreneurial spirit, and you’re ready to roll-up your sleeves in a fast and ever-changing environment
Sound like you? Then read on!
About the position:
The Account Manager works at the intersection of ideas and strategy as a key point of contact between our clients and our talented team of strategists, copywriters, designers, and project managers.
As Account Manager, you will act as a primary point of contact for multiple client relationships, and work as an active member of our team to determine how to best achieve our client’s goals through a combination of strategic recommendations and creative execution.
A successful account manager will thrive in a fast-paced environment; a natural leader who connects the dots and thinks critically and strategically; and will keep a team-first attitude.
- Serve as primary point of contact for multiple clients, responsible for scheduling and leading calls, drafting agendas, recapping meetings, reviewing and presenting deliverables before they go to the client, and working with the project manager to keep track of and relay concerns around budget/timelines to the client
- Be the liaison between the client and the internal team
- Negotiate and manage client expectations and satisfaction
- Keep team members up to speed with concise notes and client briefs
- Understand our clients’ businesses deeply; what opportunities and challenges our clients face, why and what should we do about it; become an expert in our client’s’ culture, competition and industry
- Identify ways in which thinkPARALLAX can more effectively support the client in the achievement of its business and communications goals
- Identify opportunities to grow accounts organically by identifying incremental projects and cross-selling the agency’s full range of capabilities
- Play a supporting role in organic business development, preparing proposals and scopes of work, and supporting in pitch presentations as needed
- Keep a pulse on new trends in the corporate responsibility, sustainability & marketing/communications space
- Maintain a genuine interest in corporate responsibility and sustainability; especially how companies are embedding purpose into their brand value proposition
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations and anticipate needs; proactively engage on issues and work with the team to offer solutions
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience managing clients and working as part of a creative team within a communications, PR, marketing, or brand consultancy
- Bachelors or Masters degree or other formal training in communications, marketing, or a related field
- Solid understanding of a broad range of communications disciplines
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- An insatiable curiosity and eagerness to learn (and listen)
- Powerful organizational skills and ability to multi-task, work in a team environment, and meet deadlines
Full-time — contract to hire in Encinitas, California
Benefits: health/dental insurance, 401K, public transportation reimbursement, profit sharing plan, professional development.
Salary range: $55 – $70k plus commission
If you think you’re the one, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (Tell us why you’re the one, be real. Show us why you fit with us, what your passions and beliefs are — without a cover letter we won’t consider your application)
- Salary Requirements