thinkPARALLAX is a branding and communications agency on a mission to better the world by articulating and amplifying our clients’ impact. As a team of values-driven strategists, designers, and storytellers, we give meaning and voice to brands’ sustainability initiatives. Through strategic storytelling, we harness the support of stakeholders to drive systemic change and long-term success.
We have an open and flexible studio environment where creativity, opinions, and passion are encouraged. thinkPARALLAX values life outside work deeply but expects 110% dedication and an excellent work ethic. Our small, close-knit office has a start-up, entrepreneurial feel. Fluid processes and broad job responsibilities are the norm. We like to be challenged, work hard, and get out of our comfort zones. And we deeply believe in making a positive impact in the world.
About the role:
The Account Director works at the intersection of ideas and strategy as a key point of contact between our clients and our team of strategists, copywriters, designers, and project managers. The Account Director is also responsible for the management of the account and project management team.
As Account Director, you will act as a primary point of contact for multiple client relationships, and work as an active member of our team to determine how to best achieve our client’s goals through a combination of strategic recommendations and creative execution.
A successful Account Director will thrive in a fast-paced environment; a natural leader who connects the dots and thinks critically and strategically; and will keep a team-first attitude.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for multiple clients, responsible for scheduling and leading calls, drafting agendas, recapping meetings, reviewing and presenting deliverables before they go to the client, and working with the project manager to keep track of and relay concerns around budget/timelines to the client
- Be the liaison between the client and the internal team
- Negotiate and manage client expectations and satisfaction
- Keep team members up to speed with concise notes and client briefs
- Understand our clients’ businesses deeply; what opportunities and challenges our clients face, why and what should we do about it; become an expert in our client’s’ culture, competition, and industry
- Provides leadership/motivation and conveys the vision and values of the thinkPARALLAX to the assigned staff
- Ensure that the staff works in conformance with thinkPARALLAX policies and procedures and public law
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly feedback, performance evaluations, development and leadership for direct reports
- Set clear team and direct report goals and KPIs
- Oversee day-to-day teams’ operation and performance
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Identify ways in which thinkPARALLAX can more effectively support the client in the achievement of its business and communications goals
- Identify opportunities to grow accounts organically by identifying incremental projects and cross-selling the agency’s full range of capabilities
- Play a supporting role in organic business development, preparing proposals and scopes of work, and supporting in pitch presentations as needed
- Keep a pulse on new trends in the corporate responsibility, sustainability & marketing/communications space
- Maintain a genuine interest in corporate responsibility and sustainability; especially how companies are embedding purpose into their brand value proposition
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations and anticipate needs; proactively engage on issues and work with the team to offer solutions
- In addition to serving as a leader for your direct reports, participate in monthly leadership team meetings driving the growth and evolution of thinkPARALLAX
- Continue to evolve your leadership skills and business acumen
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Marketing, Mass Communications/PR, Advertising, Journalism, or a related field required
- 8+ years experience, preferably in an agency environment with a minimum of two years in a management role
- Knowledge/experience with communication, PR, media, and social media
- Print, web and experiential knowledge
- Sustainability and annual CSR report experience is a plus
This is a full-time position in Encinitas, California. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Benefits: health/dental insurance, 401K, public transportation reimbursement, profit sharing, PARALLAXploration.
If you think you’re the one, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (Tell us why you’re the one, be real. Show us why you fit with us, what your passions and beliefs are)
- Salary Requirements
- Anything else to you’d like to share.