thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service ESG strategy and communications agency. Partnering with influential companies across industries, we drive meaningful sustainability progress, action, and conversation. Our team of expert strategists and creatives guide every stage of our clients’ sustainability journey from ESG strategy to reporting, communications, and engagement, delivering compelling solutions that maximize business and stakeholder value.
The Account Manager plays a pivotal role managing projects, client relationships, and internal team dynamics across thinkPARALLAX. The right candidate is a seasoned project manager who has great attention to detail while also addressing the client’s larger strategic goals. The right candidate is a master of the fundamentals of account management, including communication, creative and strategic thinking, and a commitment to the highest standards of quality. This individual will have a growth mindset, be a self-starter, and also have an interest in corporate sustainability.
Account & Project Management
- Manage multiple types of projects (e.g. ESG reports, materiality assessments, communication activations) simultaneously to ensure our team is delivering the highest level of client service in pursuit of project goals.
- Create and maintain multiple complex project schedules and timelines (e.g. factoring in review cycles, creative production, copy edits, etc.).
- Coordinate resourcing needs and project schedules with the internal Director of Operations.
- Oversee project budgets, ensuring the project remains on scope, and preparing monthly budget updates.
- Forge strong and authentic relationships with clients as well as a deep understanding of their business and industry.
- Lead client meetings, set agendas, determine participants and action items, and ensure overall client satisfaction.
- Serve as the main point of contact for client and vendor communications.
- Work with designers, strategists, and account directors to understand the overall direction, strategies, and objectives of each project.
- Contribute strategic counsel to clients to provide added value and grow accounts.
- Work with the internal team to ensure timely, high-caliber deliverables for each project.
- 7+ years of project management, preferably in an agency environment
- A background in corporate sustainability, corporate philanthropy, CSR, or environmental, social, and governance is a major plus
- Solid strategic thinker with a proactive approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function well in a remote-first, collaborative, fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
This is a full-time, remote position. thinkPARALLAX is California-based, so the ideal candidate will be working within one to two hours of Pacific Standard Time. We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, three weeks paid vacation, a monthly wellness stipend, and a voluntary, subsidized 3-day travel program to expand our employee’s thinking and creativity. We also offer 401k matching and profit-sharing plans for those who qualify.
In addition to being a certified B-Corp, thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you think you’re the one, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter explaining why you’d be an amazing fit for the role, with salary requirements
- A list of client projects previously managed