thinkPARALLAX is a sustainability-focused branding and communications agency that helps companies tell the story of their environmental and social impact. As a team of values-driven strategists, designers, and storytellers, we give meaning and voice to brands’ sustainability, social impact, and citizenship initiatives. While the thinkPARALLAX team is diverse in skill sets, experiences, and perspectives, we share a collective desire to make a positive impact in the world.
We are looking for a client-facing Content Strategist who is an excellent writer, experienced with social media, and passionate about sustainability. Approximately 50 percent of this role will be dedicated to managing sustainability-focused social media platforms for our clients, which includes developing regular social media content, pitching creative ideas, and collaborating with the broader team to ensure consistent messaging. Additionally, this role will work closely with our strategy team to develop sustainability frameworks, communication plans, thought leadership platforms, internal communication plans, and more. A small part of this role will be working with our design team to manage small design projects.
This candidate must have the ability to work within a deadline-oriented team environment as an independent self-starter. Agency experience is preferred.
- Manage and engage with online communities across multiple social media platforms
- Plan and develop monthly social media content based on clients’ goals, audiences and strategies
- Analyze and report monthly metrics
- Conceptualize, plan, and implement creative campaigns
- Collaborate with other internal departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy
- Write thought leadership pieces
- Conduct communication audits, benchmarking, and assist with stakeholder interviews
- Assist with the development of communication plans, frameworks, and narratives
- Produce editorial calendars, key messaging documents, and communication guides
- Conceptualize and write copy for a variety of sustainability-focused materials such as reports, websites, print materials, video scripts, and more
- Manage client relationships
- Oversee project management of small print, web, and design projects
- Manage vendor communication
- Brief internal team on projects and client edits
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
- Excellent writing skills
- A desire to continually evolve skills and stay current with the newest developments in social media
- Competency across multiple platforms, and experience managing social media accounts
- Familiarity with social media management tools (HeyOrca, Sprout Social)
This is a full-time, remote position. thinkPARALLAX is California-based, so the ideal candidate will be working within one to three hours of PST (Pacific Standard Time). We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Benefits include health and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, a monthly wellness stipend, and PARALLAXploration. We also offer a 401k and profit-sharing plan for those who qualify.
thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you think you’re the one, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- At least one writing sample
- Anything else you’d like to share (social media campaigns, communication plans, etc.)