thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service ESG strategy and communications agency. Partnering with influential companies across industries, we drive meaningful sustainability progress, action, and conversation. Our team of expert strategists and creatives guide every stage of our clients’ sustainability journey from ESG strategy to reporting, communications, and engagement, delivering compelling solutions that maximize business and stakeholder value.
We are looking for an Office/HR Manager for our fast-growing team. We are based out of Encinitas, CA, but primarily work remote, with periodic in-person events and gatherings held throughout the year. Under the supervision of the Co-founder and CEO, you’ll be responsible for a wide variety of office management, human resources, culture and DEI responsibilities including:
- Serve as main point of contact for vendors, including building manager, IT consultant, cable and utility companies
- Serve as admin and set up all Google, Slack, Zoom, Adobe, Microsoft accounts
- Coordinate home office equipment (laptop set up, monitors, etc)
- Work with outside IT consultant to troubleshoot problems, handle password security
- Contract administration for clients, independent contractors
- Handle office supply needs for Encinitas and home offices
- Book business travel, including flights, hotels, and cars
- Coordinate catering and logistics for external events
- Oversee B-Corp recertification, setting improvement goals, writing Annual Benefit Report
- Proof new business proposals, client decks, client reports, company newsletter
- Establishing standards and procedures for office operations; measure results against standards and make adjustments where necessary
- Maintain master log-in list for subscriptions, services, vendors
- Executive assistant duties for CEO
- Onboard and offboard all employees (coordinate hiring, onboarding schedule, relevant employee paperwork, exit interviews)
- Create and manage HR calendar
- Create and implement employee engagement and pulse surveys, calendar reviews (quarterly, annual, peer, leadership, and client)
- Stay current on federal and state employment law, revise Employee Handbook accordingly, ensure employees are up-to-date
- Handle job postings
- Work with registered agent and Payroll manager to set up offices in other states
- Oversee annual open enrollment for medical, dental, vision
- Plan company events (yearly retreats, office lunches/meetings, and quarterly team-bonding events)
- Oversee employee recognitions program and birthday donations
- Coordinate all-team weekly meetings
- Work closely with head of DEI to set up leadership and team training
- Work closely with head of Culture coordinating virtual events, and PARALLAXploration
- Oversee company volunteer program, set up group opportunities, track volunteer hours, seek partnerships
- 3+ years of previous office management experience (including HR duties) in professional setting
- Experience with Apple, Google programs (Google Drive primarily), Microsoft Office
- Writing skills, IT experience a plus
This is a flex-time remote position based out of Encinitas, California, approximately 25-30 hours per week. Though remote, the position requires someone San Diego-based to best handle operational requirements at our main office in Encinitas.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and sick leave; a monthly wellness stipend, time off to volunteer, and PARALLAXploration. We also offer a 401k and profit-sharing plan for those who qualify.
thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you think you’re the one, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.