thinkPARALLAX is a full-service, purpose-driven creative agency located in Encinitas, California. We work at the intersection of business strategy, sustainability, and communication. Our values stem from the belief that profit and sustainability are not mutually exclusive – good business means doing the right thing.
We are a highly experienced team of creative problem solvers focused on developing and implementing purpose-driven brands. We have an open and flexible studio environment where creativity, opinions, and passion are encouraged. thinkPARALLAX values life outside work deeply but expects 110% dedication and an excellent work ethic.
Our small, close-knit office has a start-up, entrepreneurial feel. Fluid processes and broad job responsibilities are the norm. We like to be challenged, work hard, and get out of our comfort zones. And we deeply believe in making a positive impact in the world.
You have an integral understanding of marketing and communication fundamentals, technologies, corporate social responsibility/sustainability, and cultural trends. You are a strong communicator with a writing background, and have worked with a variety of brands. You’re a thinker, maker, and mentor. You have the ability to make decisions and collaborate with a team to deliver stunning work. You are adept at developing original creative concepts/approaches, and thrive in a continuously changing, fast-paced environment.
The Senior CSR Communications Strategist plays a key role in driving client strategy throughout engagement. They develop the communication strategy and implement all content-driven initiatives across multiple platforms/formats to build client engagement and drive new and current business. They gather, define, and clarify insight to gain a deep understanding of the client’s business, which serves as the strategic foundation for creative material centered around corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and corporate citizenship.They work closely with our internal team to develop creative strategy and drive the collaborative efforts of the projects’ creatives, ensuring that the final product makes a difference in our client’s business and exceeds thinkPARALLAX standards.
The average day will vary greatly. One day might consist of developing a communication strategy and key messages for a client’s sustainability campaign, brainstorming creative ideas for a pitch, creating taglines for a campaign, and providing feedback to creatives on website concepts. Another day might be spent briefing the creative team on strategy for a newly acquired project, and meeting with clients to present communication strategy recommendations. The kind of person who will excel in this position is excited by the challenge of doing a variety of communication and strategy-related tasks, and can easily switch from one task to the next without getting overwhelmed.
Depending on the project, they may be the client’s main point of contact and serve as the day-to-day liaison between the client and our creative team.
- Lead all client strategy
- As the senior CSR communication strategist – assist the tPX team in communicating with clarity, credibility, and empathy
- Advisory services to help the client prioritize and execute on various strategic communications (internal and external)
- Design/lead research, discovery, content auditing, and benchmarking
- Advisory services for communications, corporate citizenship, sustainability, brand purpose
- Development and refinement of creative concepts
- Content strategy and copywriting
- Content review (for all client deliverables)
- Lead development of all client presentations
- Develop and lead client presentations
- Design/facilitate client working sessions
- Creative/project briefs as needed
- Identify opportunities to provide additional value, scope, pitch, and sell through
- Serve as the main point of contact for 1-2 key accounts
- Management/support/oversight of account team
Client Pitching, Communication, and Kick-offs
- Participate in new business pitches and strategy recommendations
- Brainstorm initial ideas then create and present pitch decks (language, flow, content)
- Interview clients and their stakeholders
- Develop a solid rapport with clients and become their strategic partner
- Understand the overall business strategy of projects and consumer goals
- Participate in brainstorm sessions internally and client facing (campaign concepts, names for brands and campaigns, report themes, etc.)
- Create and present presentation decks (language, flow, content)
- Work with the Chief Creative Officer to ensure creative recommendations and strategy align with account objectives while maximizing effectiveness
- Conceptualizing complex data into infographics
- Develop concepts, scripts, and storyboards for video projects
- Assist Chief Creative Officer in pitches and presentations, and also lead creative presentations and meetings
- Competitive analysis (audiences, industries, competitors)
- Communication audits
- Current/future state and user journey mapping
- Develop and present communication strategies and plans such as: communication frameworks, brand positioning, architecture and key messaging
- Write, edit, and produce content across different channels and formats – concept pitches, social media, reports, video script, ads, web copy, etc.
- Develop content for thinkPARALLAX thought leadership (blog articles, webinars, etc)
- Copy for various projects in different styles, tones, lengths, purposes, and channels
- Lead large-scale creative strategy for key clients
- Manage small team of Communication Strategists providing feedback, sign-offs and creative direction on a daily basis
- Stay abreast of industry related trends/news and keep internal team apprised
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Marketing, Mass Communications/PR, Advertising, Journalism, or a related field required
- 8+ years experience, preferably in a creative environment with a minimum of two years in a management role
- Knowledge/experience with communication, PR, media, and social media
- Print, web and experiential knowledge
- Sustainability and annual CSR report experience is a plus
This is a full-time position in Encinitas, California. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Benefits: health/dental insurance, 401K, public transportation reimbursement, profit sharing, PARALLAXploration.
If you think you’re the one, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter (Tell us why you’re the one, be real. Show us why you fit with us, what your passions and beliefs are)
- Salary Requirements
- Anything else to you’d like to share to showcase your creative abilities – writing samples, communication plans, creative outputs.