thinkPARALLAX is a branding and communications agency on a mission to better the world by articulating and amplifying our clients’ impact. As a team of values-driven strategists, designers, and storytellers, we give meaning and voice to brands’ sustainability, social impact, and citizenship initiatives. Through strategic storytelling, we harness the support of stakeholders to drive systemic change and long-term success.
Our small, close-knit office has a start-up, entrepreneurial feel. Fluid processes and broad job responsibilities are the norm. We have an open and flexible studio environment where creativity, opinions, and passion are encouraged. thinkPARALLAX values life outside work deeply but expects 110% dedication and an excellent work ethic. We like to be challenged, work hard, and get out of our comfort zones. And we deeply believe in making a positive impact in the world.
We are looking for an entry-level Social Media and Content Coordinator to oversee social media platforms for our clients, focusing on corporate citizenship. This role will be responsible for developing regular social media content and managing online communities while collaborating with the broader team to ensure consistent messaging. This person will also be required to act as a project manager on small design and production projects.
The ideal candidate is a motivated and organized self-starter, a great writer, knowledgeable about social media, and ready to roll up their sleeves in a fast and ever-changing environment!
- Managing online communities across multiple social media platforms
- Developing monthly content calendars
- Producing social media content based on clients’ goals, audiences and strategies
- Engaging on social media channels – proactively and reactively
- Tracking and reporting monthly metrics
- Developing and implementing creative social media campaigns
- Communicating with clients
- Collaborating with other internal departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy
- Monitoring and community management of all platforms
Project Management (as needed)
- Overseeing project management of small print, web, and design projects
- Working with account manager to understand overall direction, strategies, and objectives of each project
- Managing vendor communication
- Working with our other project managers to ensure a smooth and efficient workflow in the office
- Briefing internal team on projects and client edits
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, or a related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, including internships
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
- Excellent writing skills
- Extremely organized and attention-to-detail
- An enthusiasm for social media, and excitement to continually evolve skills and stay-up-to-date with the newest developments in social media
- Experience working with social media management tools (e.g., Buffer, HootSuite, HeyOrca, and/or Sprout Social)
- A deep understanding of the social landscape, proven competency across multiple platforms, and experience managing social media accounts with proven success
- An understanding of digital content, communication, and marketing principles
- Ability to work within a deadline-oriented team environment as an independent self-starter
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, and highly creative setting
- Experience working in an agency environment preferred
- Corporate social responsibility / corporate citizenship experience a plus
This is a full-time position in Encinitas, California. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Benefits: health/dental insurance, 401K, public transportation reimbursement, profit sharing, PARALLAXploration. If you think you’re the one, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter (Tell us why you’re the one, be real. Show us why you fit with us, what your passions and beliefs are)
- Salary requirements
- Anything else to you’d like to share to showcase your creative abilities – writing samples, social media campaigns, etc.