thinkPARALLAX is a branding and communications agency on a mission to better the world by articulating and amplifying our clients’ impact. As a team of values-driven strategists, designers, and storytellers, we give meaning and voice to brands’ sustainability initiatives. Through strategic storytelling, we harness the support of stakeholders to drive systemic change and long-term success.
We have an open and flexible studio environment where creativity, opinions, and passion are encouraged. thinkPARALLAX values life outside work deeply but expects 110% dedication and an excellent work ethic. Our small, close-knit office has a start-up, entrepreneurial feel. Fluid processes and broad job responsibilities are the norm. We like to be challenged, work hard, and get out of our comfort zones. And we deeply believe in making a positive impact in the world.
We are looking for someone with an interest in sales, marketing, and sustainability. The role will be focused on implementing an internal marketing campaign focused on how corporations should better communicate their social and environmental impact. The day-to-day activities will include working with the marketing director to build out a multi-dimensional marketing campaign, industry-specific research, finding contacts and building out our mail list, coordinating and organizing both the digital and print execution, coordinating and executing webinars, following up with potential leads, and working with the internal team around social media content.
You must be ready to roll up your sleeves in a fast and ever changing environment!
- Assist the Marketing team on various internal tasks
- Be responsible for all internal management of assigned projects
- Research for potential clients, partners, industry-specific contacts
- Review thought leadership and gain an understanding of CSR space
- Work on CRM to construct a database
- Assist with daily administrative duties
- Create content for social media
- Work with marketing director to buildout multi-level campaign
- Coordinate and organize mailings
- Follow up with potential leads via email/phone
- Be part of the brainstorm session for marketing rollout
- Help coordinate and execute webinars
- Help with the planning and hosting of events
- Current enrollment or recent graduate in an undergraduate course for Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, CSR, or similar field
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and social media platforms
- Strong understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a passion for marketing
- Thick skin for reaching out to potential clients and not getting a response
- Outstanding multitasking abilities
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow
- Experience with Mac, project management software (we use Basecamp/TeamWork), Google Suite, and Microsoft Office
- A natural (or trained) interest in Marketing
Additional experience desired, but not required:
- Interest or experience with CSR/Sustainability
- Some print and digital/web knowledge is a plus
Ready to apply?
This position is a paid 3-month internship starting in May/June at our offices in Encinitas, California.
If you think you’re the one, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter (Tell us why you’re the one, be real. Show us why you fit with us, what your passions and beliefs are)