thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service ESG strategy and communications agency. Partnering with influential companies across industries, we drive meaningful sustainability progress, action, and conversation. Our team of expert strategists and creatives guide every stage of our clients’ sustainability journey from ESG strategy to reporting, communications, and engagement, delivering compelling solutions that maximize business and stakeholder value.
The Account Director is a critical client partner demonstrating how to best achieve our clients’ goals through a combination of strategic recommendations and creative execution. You will report to our Director of Operations and meet bi-weekly to report on project health, organic growth opportunities, and overall performance in order to determine how best to execute on opportunities.
- Oversee multiple clients and have day-to-day relationships with senior client leaders.
- Work closely with the main client contact to oversee projects at a high level while consulting with our Director of Operations to ensure the project runs according to our high standards and processes.
- Gain a deep understanding of our clients’ culture, competition, and industry, meeting with them monthly to maintain a strong relationship, check-in on the project, and keep a pulse on their business and challenges.
- Be responsible for account health, including fostering client satisfaction by soliciting and implementing feedback, seeking out new opportunities for collaboration (organic growth), and ensuring projects and other workstreams align with our clients' long-term goals.
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations and anticipate needs; proactively engage on issues and work with the team to offer solutions.
- Keep a pulse on new trends in the corporate responsibility, sustainability & marketing/communications space
- At least 10 years experience (preferably agency) with two or more years in a management role
- Knowledge/experience with communication, PR, media, and social media
- Sustainability and annual CSR report experience is a plus
This is a full-time, remote position. thinkPARALLAX is California-based, so the ideal candidate will be working within one to three hours of PST (Pacific Standard Time). We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, paid time off to volunteer, a monthly wellness stipend, and PARALLAXploration. We also offer a 401k and profit-sharing plan for those who qualify.
thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you think you’re the one, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter that includes salary requirements
- Anything else you’d like to share