thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service ESG strategy and communications agency. Partnering with influential companies across industries, we drive meaningful sustainability progress, action, and conversation. Our team of expert strategists and creatives guide every stage of our clients’ sustainability journey from ESG strategy to reporting, communications, and engagement, delivering compelling solutions that maximize business and stakeholder value.
In addition to being a certified B-Corp, thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. It's even one of our values — check it out on our website.
As our ESG Report Editor, you will play an essential role ensuring the quality and delivery of thinkPARALLAX’s ESG report content. The ESG Report Editor will be a member of our Strategy Team and report to our Head of Communication Strategy. Day-to-day, you will partner with the Accounts Team and writers to develop, review, and edit copy for a wide variety of ESG reports and communications materials, including websites and other ESG pieces. You’ll also be responsible for holding the vision for our ESG report copywriting process and ensuring our team has the training and tools needed to carry it out.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Guide clients through our process to map objectives and target audiences, articulate key messages, and set goals for inspired action.
- Carry out discovery activities that inform the development of report/communications strategy and copy, including desktop research and client interviews.
- Collaborate with tPX Account Strategists and clients to create strategies and campaigns for ESG and sustainability-related content.
- Develop and edit work products including: ESG reports, key messaging, articles and other editorial content, campaign copy, ESG marketing materials, and other communications pieces.
- Ensure quality of copy submitted by external writers through review and iteration.
- Act as a sounding board for the Accounts Team.
- Work with and present directly to clients.
- Design streamlined copywriting processes, particular for ESG reports, and adapt them with evolving team and client needs.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to manage copywriting workload, identifying when to partner with an external writer and making recommendations on hiring strategy.
- Coordinate with external copywriters and copyeditors to secure additional support for writing and editing/proofing when needed.
- Provide training sessions to the Accounts, Creative, and Strategy Teams to teach and reinforce our copywriting process.
- Support the Accounts Team in the delivery of multiple projects, though not acting as a Project Manager.
- Work with the Accounts Team to develop strategy for project opportunities.
- Contribute to proposals and pitches to develop new and existing client relationships.
- Experience writing ESG reports and sustainability-related content from concept through completion; ability to lead these processes.
- Proficiency in translating technical sustainability/ESG information into engaging content for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively, developing unique solutions and driving them from idea through execution.
- Collaborative and team-oriented, though able to draft work products independently
- Interest to develop training materials and teach/mentor teammates on our practices and new service offerings.
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bonus: Working knowledge of ESG frameworks and standards, particularly GRI, SASB, and TCFD.
As a team that comes together in-person from time to time, all thinkPARALLAX employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exceptions are made for medical or religious reasons.
This is a full-time position, working remotely or from the thinkPARALLAX office in Encinitas, CA. thinkPARALLAX is California-based, so the ideal candidate will be working within three hours of Pacific Standard Time.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, three weeks paid vacation, two one-week paid office closures (summer break, winter break), a monthly wellness stipend, and an optional 3-day travel program to expand our employees’ thinking and creativity. We also offer 401(K) matching and profit-sharing plans for those who qualify.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you think you would be a great addition to the team, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Email subject line: “ESG Report Editor application”
- Your resumé.
- Responses to the following questions in whatever format you think best shows off who you are (right in the body of an email, in a cover letter, video, or whatever format)!
1. Why would you like to work at thinkPARALLAX - what would it mean to you?
2. What part of the work we do at thinkPARALLAX excites you the most?
3. What's one strength or specialty people are surprised to learn about you?
4. What about your creativity, skill sets, and/or experience might be exciting or inspiring for the team to know?
We’re excited to hear from you!