thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service ESG strategy and communications agency. Partnering with influential companies across industries, we drive meaningful sustainability progress, action, and conversation. Our team of expert strategists and creatives guide every stage of our clients’ sustainability journey from ESG strategy to reporting, communications, and engagement, delivering compelling solutions that maximize business and stakeholder value.
In addition to being a certified B-Corp, thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. It's even one of our values — check it out on our website.
The Marketing Manager plays an integral role in crafting and communicating thinkPARALLAX’s story externally to build our brand awareness and reputation with future and existing clients. Reporting to the Head of Client Engagement, this individual is responsible for managing the company’s marketing program to ensure that we are making the best use of our resources to execute on the marketing strategy in support of our mission and business goals. This involves collaborating with the Head of Client Engagement to develop and deliver an effective marketing strategy, owning the editorial calendar to ensure a steady drumbeat of content, serving as editor of the Insights blog, overseeing our social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), producing the tPX newsletter, managing our Perspectives Panel events, supporting our thought leadership program and conference activities, and more. The Marketing Lead also will support business development and sales activities on an ad hoc basis.
- Work closely with the Head of Client Engagement to manage thinkPARALLAX’s editorial calendar, ensuring that we publish a steady drumbeat of content each month.
- Serve as editor of the tPX Insights Blog, producing original content and editing contributor content.
- Serve as community manager for tPX social accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter).
- Manage tPX’s Perspectives events to ensure smooth execution in-person and digitally.
- Produce tPX newsletter bi-weekly (including sourcing content, creating copy)
- Manage the tPX conference and speaking strategy and execution.
- Produce client case studies and testimonials.
- Oversee tPX website, updating content periodically and interfacing with our web development partner as-needed.
- Project manage special marketing projects (e.g., whitepapers, podcasts, videos, major campaigns)
- Own creation and completion of B Corp report, collaborating with the Operations Team and others to gather content.
- Support sales and business development tasks as-needed (e.g., helping to create proposals, engage with clients on calls). We are a small but mighty team and need people who can roll up their sleeves and jump in and help where needed.
- Assist with client projects if desired / needed.
- Experience with developing and executing marketing and communications plans; communicating sustainability; managing editorial content for a company; managing social media in a corporate setting; working in-house or at an agency.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, think like an entrepreneur to constantly innovate on how to better build tPX’s brand and engage with our audiences.
- Proficient in marketing program management, project management, editorial and copywriting, social media, corporate sustainability / ESG industry trends.
- Collaborative and team-oriented, though able to draft work products independently.
- Interest in sustainability and ESG is required. Experience and general knowledge of corporate sustainability and ESG trends is a bonus.
- Maintain a strong growth mindset, willing to take responsible risks, learn from mistakes, and grow and improve.
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Availability and willingness to travel to events and conferences as-needed.
As a team that comes together in-person from time to time, all thinkPARALLAX employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exceptions are made for medical or religious reasons.
This is a full-time position, working remotely or from the thinkPARALLAX office in Encinitas, CA. thinkPARALLAX is California-based, so the ideal candidate will be working within three hours of Pacific Standard Time.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, three weeks paid vacation, two one-week paid office closures (summer break, winter break), a monthly wellness stipend, and an optional 3-day travel program to expand our thinking and creativity. We also offer 401(K) matching and profit-sharing plans for those who qualify.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you think you would be a great addition to the team, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Email subject line: “Marketing Manager application”
- Your resumé.
- Responses to the following questions in whatever format you think best shows off who you are (right in the body of an email, in a cover letter, video, or whatever format)!
- Why would you like to work at thinkPARALLAX - what would it mean to you?
- What part of the work we do at thinkPARALLAX excites you the most?
- What's one strength or specialty people are surprised to learn about you?
- What about your creativity, skill sets, and/or experience might be exciting or inspiring for the team to know?
We’re excited to hear from you!