thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service ESG strategy and communications agency. Partnering with influential companies across industries, we drive meaningful sustainability progress, action, and conversation. Our team of expert strategists and creatives guide every stage of our clients’ sustainability journey from ESG strategy to reporting, communications, and engagement, delivering compelling solutions that maximize business and stakeholder value.
In addition to being a certified B-Corp, thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. It's even one of our values — check it out on our website.
As ESG Strategy Lead, you will play a key role partnering with clients in ESG strategy and reporting to guide and support progress on sustainability goals. Your day-to-day will focus on crafting work products with the Accounts Team, providing ESG subject matter expertise and deepening client relationships with counsel on disclosure, topics, trends, and tactics that provide business value and contribute to sustainable development. You will also work with our Head of ESG Strategy to continue evolving our services to meet emerging client needs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advise clients on their sustainability priorities, goals, action plans and metrics, using a combined approach of desktop research with internal and external stakeholder engagement.
- Collaborate with clients to evolve their sustainability/ESG reporting journey and support them in the development of meaningful public disclosure strategies.
- Analyze ESG-related data, particularly materiality survey results.
- Create, review, and deliver work products including: ESG health checks, materiality assessments, ESG strategies, ESG roadmaps, reporting strategies, and ESG report content.
- Contribute to development of materials for client meetings (e.g., kick-off presentations).
- Support the Accounts team in the delivery of multiple projects.
- Act as a sounding board for the Accounts Team.
- Work with and present directly to clients.
- Uncover opportunities for organic growth with existing clients.
Team development and efficiency:
- Create and evolve templates and guidance materials for our core services in partnership with the Head of ESG Strategy.
- Provide training sessions to Accounts Team to strengthen key skills and the team's knowledge base.
- Support the Accounts Team in developing strategy for project opportunities.
- Contribute to proposals and pitches for new and existing clients.
- Represents tPX at conferences and industry events.
- Produce tPX thought leadership.
- Experience with ESG strategy, metrics, and reporting, preferably in an agency, consulting, or corporate environment.
- Experience applying at least some of the following standards/frameworks/ratings systems: CDP, DJSI, GRI, ISS, MSCI, SASB, TCFD, and/or UN SDGs.
- Ability to efficiently analyze ESG data and draw objective insights.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, specifically the ability to use functions, formulas, data validation, queries, pivot tables, and data extraction from other sources (MS Excel or Google Sheets).
- Collaborative and team-oriented, though able to draft work products independently.
- Interest to develop training materials and teach/mentor teammates on our practices and new service offerings.
- Solid strategic thinker with a proactive approach.
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BONUS: Working knowledge of ESG tools/software (Metrio, OneReport, Workiva, etc).
- BONUS: Working knowledge of business insight and analytics tools/software (MS Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
This is a full-time, remote position. Team members who live in southern California also have the option of working occasionally from the thinkPARALLAX office in Encinitas, CA. All team members are invited to company-wide retreats several times each year to work on salient business topics and to get to know each other in-person. These events are typically in the southern California region.
Since thinkPARALLAX is California-based, the ideal candidate will be working within three hours of Pacific Standard Time.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, three weeks paid vacation, two one-week paid office closures (summer break, winter break), a monthly wellness reimbursement, and an optional 3-day travel program to expand our employees’ perspectives and creativity. We also offer 401(K) matching and profit-sharing plans for those who qualify.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you think you would be a great addition to the team, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Email subject line: “ESG Strategy Lead application”
2. Your resumé.
3. Responses to the following questions in whatever format you think best shows off who you are (right in the body of an email, in a cover letter, video, or whatever format)!
- Why would you like to work at thinkPARALLAX - what would it mean to you?
- What part of the work we do at thinkPARALLAX excites you the most?
- What's one strength or specialty people are surprised to learn about you?
- What about your creativity, skill sets, and/or experience might be exciting or inspiring for the team to know?
We’re excited to hear from you!