thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service sustainability strategy and communications agency. We partner with influential companies across industries to build unique sustainability strategies, programs, and platforms. Combining creativity and deep subject matter expertise, we give companies an advantage to amplify their impact.
In addition to being a certified B-Corp, thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. It's even one of our values — check it out on our website.
Speaking of values, we’re on a mission to be a different kind of agency - one where people are fulfilled and have a healthy work-life balance. We’re thrilled to have been named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2023.
As a Senior Strategist, you’re a wizard of managing the development of ESG reports, connecting with clients, and offering general guidance to businesses around sustainability topics and communication strategies. You’re energized by crafting a variety of deliverables, providing tactical guidance to team members, and strategically counseling clients. You’re looking forward to honing skills in relationship development and revenue growth.
This position is a member of our Strategy Team and will report to the team leader or a Senior Director, based on the best match for your learning needs and interests.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of work products and meeting materials, such as ESG reports, research & discovery content, benchmarking, materiality assessments, stakeholder engagement initiatives, and communications.
- Work with Designers, Strategists and Client relationship leads to understand the objectives of each project and ensure all parties are progressing toward the same outcomes.
- Oversee project plans, budgets, review rounds, proofing, and production for several clients.
- Ensure deliverables and client experience meet our high standards for quality.
- Identify and act on opportunities for internal process and practice improvement.
Client relationship development
- Become a thought partner to clients, providing strategic counsel and supporting them to continually advance their sustainability/ESG strategy and communications.
- Nurture long-term relationships with clients by soliciting and applying feedback, seeking out new opportunities for collaboration (organic growth), and ensuring project outcomes drive toward our clients' aspirations.
- Meet modest annual sales goals, based on maintaining a set volume of work with each assigned client.
- Occasionally contribute to proposals for new clients.
- Able to explain the value of sustainability to business and how organizations can communicate on its priorities, goals, and progress.
- Able to evaluate alignment of ESG disclosure content to reporting framework requirements, such as GRI, SASB and TCFD.
- Able to lead the development of a sustainability/ESG report, including strategy-crafting, content collection, copywriting, and design.
- Able to organize and lead internal and client meetings with ease, including presentations with senior executives.
- Effective in establishing rapport with key contacts and nurturing collaborative client relationships.
- Proficient in project management and project management tools.
- Collaborative and team-oriented, though able to draft work products independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function well in a remote-first, fast-paced environment; Experience working in a consultancy/agency environment preferred.
This is a full-time, exempt position, working remotely or from the thinkPARALLAX office in Encinitas, CA. thinkPARALLAX is California-based, so the ideal candidate will be working within three hours of Pacific Standard Time.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life, and our benefits are designed to promote this aspiration. Please see our Compensation package below for details.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Eligibility for employment in the U.S. is required.
- Salary range spans $75,000 - $120,00 with potential for sales commission for exceeding sales targets.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. tPX covers 80% of your medical premium and 100% of your dental and vision premiums.
- Nine (9) paid federal holidays.
- Ten (10) paid tPX holidays during our two annual week-long company closures, typically the first week of August and the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Fifteen (15) days of paid vacation per year, which will start accruing on your first day.
- Nine (9) days of paid sick leave annually, which will start accruing on your first day.
- A professional development benefit of 96 hours and $1,500 to be invested in pursuit of your professional development goals.
- One (1) paid volunteer day.
- A monthly wellness stipend, currently set at $75/month.
- The PARALLAXploration travel program, including 3 days of paid time off and $1,800 to explore a new place each year.
- The tPX 401(k) plan, including ESG funds, tPX match up to 4% of your salary, and immediate vestment.
- The tPX profit sharing plan, an end-of-year bonus based on a percent of the year's profit in relationship to salary and tenure.
If you think you’re the one, please send the following to email@example.com with subject line “Senior Strategist application”.
- Your resumé.
- How you learned about the job (e.g., a particular job board, a contact at tPX).
- Responses to the following questions in whatever format you think best shows off who you are (right in the body of an email, in a cover letter, video,…):
- Why would you like to work at thinkPARALLAX - what would it mean to you?
- What part of this role excites you the most?
- What's one strength or specialty people are surprised to learn about you?
- What about your creativity, skill sets, and/or experience might be exciting or inspiring for the team to know?
Studies tell us that the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can prevent some of us from applying unless we meet every single qualification. Your experience doesn’t perfectly match the job description? Apply anyway. You just might be a great candidate for this role or others.
We’re excited to hear from you!