thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service ESG strategy and communications agency. Partnering with influential companies across industries, we drive meaningful sustainability progress, action, and conversation. Our team of expert strategists and creatives guide every stage of our clients’ sustainability journey from ESG strategy to reporting, communications, and engagement, delivering compelling solutions that maximize business and stakeholder value.
In addition to being a certified B-Corp, thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. It's even one of our values — check it out on our website.
As Art Director of graphic design, you will drive visual design for concepts, strategies, presentations, and product deliverables that inspire progress on ESG and sustainability goals with clients. Your day-to-day will focus on crafting work products in collaboration with fellow Creative Team members, as well as Project Managers and Account Leads. A Creative Director will influence the vision for large projects, and the Art Director will lead small- to mid-sized projects more independently with responsibility for building relationships with our clients through these collaborations.
- Guide our project team and clients through processes to design various types of high-quality deliverables, including semi-technical ESG reports/multipage (digital and print), website layouts, factsheets, infographics, and more.
- Directly collaborate with and present design solutions to clients.
- Act as the design expert for assigned clients.
- Master client brands on our key, long-term accounts.
- Master project execution from beginning to end, and file build efficiency.
- Drive execution for small to mid-sized projects, including long-duration or returning projects.
- Review work products and provide feedback to other designers.
- Act as a sounding board for the Accounts Team.
- Mentor fellow designers to further develop the quality of their aesthetics and techniques, and provide directive feedback.
- Guide our project teams for collaboration across all team members, and help improve project planning and development.
- Assist the Accounts Team in recognizing new opportunities with assigned clients.
- Meet internal and external deadlines in a timely manner and on-budget.
- Forecast the amount of effort per work task.
- Experience crafting designs for multi-page layouts, websites, branding, and other communication/engagement activations for consumers, customers, investors, and employees, preferably in an agency or consulting environment pace
- Experience leading discussions with and presenting to clients
- Proactive approach and ability to work with project managers to define appropriate scope and timelines for design work
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively, developing unique solutions and driving them from idea to execution
- Collaborative and team-oriented, though able to draft work products independently
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first, fast-paced agency environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Additional design skills, like illustration, photography, videography, typeface design, or others
- Experience transforming sustainability/ESG information into engaging visuals for a variety of audiences
This is a full-time position, working remotely or from the thinkPARALLAX office in Encinitas, CA. thinkPARALLAX is California-based, so the ideal candidate will be working within three hours of Pacific Standard Time.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, three weeks paid vacation, two one-week paid office closures (summer break, winter break), a monthly wellness stipend, and an optional 3-day travel program to expand our employees’ thinking and creativity. We also offer 401(K) matching and profit-sharing plans for those who qualify.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you think you would be a great addition to the team, please send the following to email@example.com with the email subject line “Art Director application”:
1. Your resumé.
2. Responses to the following questions in whatever format you think best shows off who you are (right in the body of an email, in a cover letter, video, or whatever format)!
- Why would you like to work at thinkPARALLAX - what would it mean to you?
- What part of the work we do at thinkPARALLAX excites you the most?
- What's one strength or specialty people are surprised to learn about you?
- What about your creativity, skill sets, and/or experience might be exciting or inspiring for the team to know?
We’re excited to hear from you!